- Tim O’Reilly Explains the "Internet of Things" – Marshall Kirkpatrick shares two great videos (one from Tim O'Reilly) about the Internet of Things. The other video from IBM provides a great illustration of moving from data to wisdom.
- eLearning Innovation 2010 – Top 30 : eLearning Technology – Nice summary piece by Tony Karrer on some of the more interesting things going on in the elearning realm these days.
Posts Tagged semanticweb
- Does social media really correlate with the bottom line? Color me skeptical – Larry Dignan at ZDNet does a good analysis of the recent report by the Altimeter Group & Wetpaint. My take: while having a sound social strategy does not in and of itself promise success, in today's market every successful business must have a sound social strategy.
- Seeking Semantics in Government « Shepherd’s Pi – Lewis Shepherd quickly disembowels yet another fluff article on the move to 2.0 (or 3.0?) technologies. He's spot on that the intelligence community is one of the leaders in the government pack on this.
- Progressing Through Change – Resources – Great list of change management and change leadership resources. Includes link to the free online assessment to see how well you are progressing through change.
- Are URL shortening services wrecking the web? – Wikinomics – Alan Majer voices the same concerns I have about URL-shortening sites building network effects on private networks instead of the public Web. If any of these services went under, I doubt it would break anything, but it might be a painful sprain of the Web’s “coin of the realm” – the link.
- Drilling Down – Social Networks Eclipse E-Mail – NYTimes.com – The social shift has begun. People are now spending more time on social networking sites like Facebook than they are on e-mail. As the Times says, “signaling a paradigm shift in consumer engagement with the Internet.”
- Understanding how you process information to help you get organized, part I | Unclutterer – Two very interesting posts from Unclutterer have you first identify your primary information processing style and then suggest ways for you to get organized based on that style. From the Site: “How you process information has a strong correlation to how you may want to organize your home and office.”
- Social Media Blogs Top 200- NOOP.NL – Jurgen Appelo puts together a ranked list of the Top 200 social media related blogs. Great resource for keeping up with all things in social media. Surprised not to see TechCrunch on the list…
- Connect.ed – The story of a girl | acidlabs – Stephen Collins (a colleague down under) puts his engaging spin on how our connected world changes how we think about education and learning. An engaging tour of how learning has changed.
- Linked Data is Blooming: Why You Should Care – ReadWriteWeb – Great post from Richard MacManus giving an overview of Linked Data and the future direction of the Web. Includes an embed of Tim Berners-Lee talking at TED about the importance of Linked Data.
Tags: blogs, bookmark, change, changemanagement, education, email, l2a, leadingchange, Learning, learning2.0, lifehacks, list, networkeffect, productivity, resources, semanticweb, socialmedia, socialnetworking, statistics, timbernerslee, Twitter, urlshortening, Web2.0, web3.0
Posted in: Jeff's BookmarksLeave a Comment (0) →
- Predict The Future On WashingtonPost.com – Jason Kincaid's brief post highlight how Predictify's adoption by newspaper's is a reminder that “old media” is willing to embrace the interactivity afforded by the web.
- How to Keep Up with the Semantic Space « Shepherd’s Pi – Lewis Shepherd's great post pulling together a host of current thoughts and resources about the Semantic Web. It includes some resources from Henry Story's "My Semantic Web Blogroll"
- Twelve best practices for online customer communities | Enterprise Web 2.0 | ZDNet.com – Dion weighs in on the "the advent of the Web-based customer community, where groups of like-minded individuals focus around a brand or a set of product and services come together and interact online"
- 50 Steps to Establishing a Consistent Social Media Practice | chrisbrogan.com – Nice post from Chris Brogan summarizing steps to put a social media strategy into practice for your company.
- Literacy Debate – Online, R U Really Reading? – Series – NYTimes.com – Interesting article on how the Internet is changing reading styles and, therefore(?) learning styles.