- Eduslide.com – Eduslide offers either a public learning content management system (LCMS) to create, upload and control access to e-learning content, or a download of the open source version.
- Open APIs reach new high water mark as the Web evolves | Enterprise Web 2.0 | ZDNet.com – Dion reviews the power of open API's: "Late last week an important milestone for the Internet was quietly reached as the number of available open Web APIs crossed the 1,000 mark, according to the popular API tracking service, Programmable Web."
Posts Tagged api
- The Growth of Open APIs: More Evidence That Web Services Drive Network Effects [Dion Hinchcliffe’s Web 2.0 Blog] – Dion extrapolates the growth of Amazon Web Services to the Web as a whole. The question remains how to monetize this usage. Without the scale or intrinsic financial incentive of Amazon, how do other companies leverage APIs successfully?
- The Science of Irrationality: Why We Humans Behave So Strangely: Scientific American – MIT's Dan Ariely discusses his research in behavioral economics and explains how to deal with our brain's flawed decision-making process.
These are my links for February 12th through February 13th:
- Mashups: Innovation or IT Nightmare? – A panel of experts discuss the value of innovation versus governance in enterprise mashups. As easy, innovative Web 2.0 tools become available to the masses, companies are trying to adapt how they govern their use at work.
- Don’t Overlook Amazon’s Web Services Business – Seeking Alpha – Another article extolling the business value of Amazon's web services. But, I would need to see clearer numbers on both the cost and return of AWS before I would label AWS "the future of Amazon".