- Lessons from the Ant Colony: Overcoming the Biases of Web 2.0 – ReadWriteWeb – Scott Brave puts a entomological spin on the "database of intentions" idea that John Battelle raised years ago. The most powerful data your website collects may be the implicit behaviors of the visitors.
- Learning 2.0 and Workplace Communities – April – ASTD –
Posts Tagged collectiveintelligence
- Google, Zen Master of the Market – News Analysis – NYTimes.com – “The source of Google’s competitive advantage is learning by doing,” said Hal R. Varian, Google’s chief economist. One of the hallmarks of Learning 2.0 will be easy, inexpensive experimentation – learning through mistakes.
- What good is collective intelligence if it doesn’t make us smarter? – O’Reilly Radar – Tim O'Reilly conference ad (with quote from John Battelle) discusses how it is time to move beyond the consumer-centric euphoria of social computing (Web 2.0) and start using the new found power to improve society.
- The Future of Instruction: Teacher as ‘Co-Learner’ : June 2008 : THE Journal – Now you're talking. Forget the sage on the stage, and even beyond the curious curator, change is so fast that effective teachers will adopt the role of wise co-learner.