- Poking Holes In The Long Tail Theory – An updated view of the Long Tail. No big news here – it has always been an "leverage the tail in addition to the head" not a "leverage the tail instead of the head" proposition.
- Dawn of the Un-book — Internet Time Blog – Jay Cross takes a look at the decline of book readership and proposes the "un-book" to consumerize authors work. Includes interesting statistics about book reading in the US
Posts Tagged longtail
These are my links for February 21st:
- Requirements of a PLE Framework (Mohamed Amine) – From Mohamed's blog on Technology Enhanced Learning, a brief but broad list of the attributes of a successful personal learning environment (PLE).
- e-Learning Reloaded: Top 50 Web 2.0 Tools for Info Junkies, Researchers & Students | OEDb – These are some of the best tools for organizing, citing, searching, and more online (according to Jessica Hupp).
- What is eLearning 2.0? : eLearning Technology – An older post from Tony Karrer where he provides his very e-learning focused view of what Learning 2.0 is. He touches on very good points. What's missing may be how learning behavior will change based on the new paradigm.
- Corporate Learning Long Tail and Attention Crisis : eLearning Technology – Another great thought provoker from Tony Karrer. He posits The Long Tail" with attention as the X-axis instead of sales. Then he discusses the challenge that corporate learning has in continuing to be relevant in this new attention economy.