- Twitter / FDArecalls – FDA has started using Twitter to announce recalls. A great example of how the Feds are beginning to adopt social media tools!
- Pew Internet: Generations Online in 2009 – Over half of the adult internet population is between 18 and 44 years old. But larger percentages of older generations are online now than in the past, and they are doing more activities online, according to surveys taken from 2006-2008.
- Pew Internet: Adults and SNS – The share of adult internet users who have a profile on an online social network site has more than quadrupled in the past four years — from 8% in 2005 to 35% now, according to the Pew Internet & American Life Project's December 2008 tracking survey.
- The End of Marketing and PR? | Steve Kayser’s Riffs, Tiffs and What Ifs – Steve Kayser puts together a really robust list of examples of how "Web 2.0" is changing the world of marketing. A great case study resource too!
Posts Tagged pr
- Government 2.0: How Social Media Could Transform Gov PR | PBS – Mark Drapeau shares a thoughtful post on how Government can adopt Web 2.0 tools to communicate better with the people they represent.
- Do you really need enterprise social computing? Answer here. – Newsgator poses 25 questions about your specific workplace and its information needs, collaboration requirements, knowledge work, IT challenges, customer base and competitive landscape. Then it scores your organization on a zero-to-100 scale depending on the urgency of the need for enterprise social computing technology.