- TV remains top source of news even as online grows –
- Why We’re Failing in Math and Science – O’Reilly Radar – A great post from Tim O'Reilly reminding us how America is "dumbing down" just when we need to be building education and intelligence in order to compete in the global marketplace.
- Do Social Networks Bring the End of Privacy?: Scientific American – SciAm considers how new Web behaviors are changing our ideas of privacy and ponders if "Existing law should be extended to allow some privacy protection for things that people say and do in what would have previously been considered the public domain."
Posts Tagged fear
- Quiz: What Should You Really Fear? – A quiz based on the recent book by Dan Gardner reminds us that mass media is making the most of irrational fears while less newsworthy real risks are underestimated.
- Social Media: Get Productive with Social Media (and Stay Sane) – OK – I still have yet to find a productivity gain from them (other than building personal brand), but Steve Rubel shares his three steps for reaping productivity from the typhoon of social chatter tools.