- Friends Don’t Let Friends Take Education Advice From Peter Thiel – Peter Thiel's experiment is certainly raising hackles here and there. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I do agree with his "education bubble" thesis, but I don't know that his experiment makes sense or will prove anything.
- Ruby for kids – I haven't tried it out yet but this site is building good buzz for helping kids unleash their inner developer.
Posts Tagged computer
- The Google Way of Science — Kevin Kelly — The Technium – Kevin Kelly with a less bombastic post that continues on Chris Anderson’s theme that the petrabyte age of information is changing the scientific method in that we can move from models to actually data to test hypothesis.
- No, Mr Kelly, I’m afraid the internet is not as clever as a single (human) brain | Technology | guardian.co.uk – A blistering response to Kevin Kelly’s “Infoporn” post at Wired. See the link below to read the Kelly post.
- Infoporn: Tap Into the 12-Million-Teraflop Handheld Megacomputer – An absurd postulate from Kevin Kelly claiming that the Web has already become more powerful than the human brain. Interesting concept (and colorful pictures!) but hardly accurate. He never mentions “mind”…
- The Science of Diversity and the Art of Inclusion | Learn to Adapt – The circular bookmark of my post on the discussion about diversity and inclusion I had with Scott E. Page, the author of “The Difference: How the Power of Diversity Creates Better Groups, Firms, Schools, and Societies”